Monday, November 15, 2010

bits and bobs, here and there, love everywhere



Revlon Colorstay Foundation in 180 Sand Beige, Avon Ideal Shade Concealer Stick in Medium and Almond, Elianto Frosted Liquid Eyeliner in Smokey Grey.

I'm soooo missing writing about beauty products, and because of the assignments back then and the coming exam, I haven't really had the time to purchase/review any beauty items. These I got and accumulated use quite a while. Obviously nothing too exciting, and they are easily accessible. I mean, you could get these at Guardian, Avon and the nearest Elianto booth. And they are cheap too, which is why I wouldn't mind buying just for the sake of collecting (but I guess in my scenario, you could call it hoarding LOL).

First of all, I'm going to review about the foundation. AND RAVE ABOUT IT AS WELL CUZ' IT IS SOOOO GOOD. As you all may know, my fave has always been the Photoready and the Paul & Joe Foundation. You can see it here.

But now I can safely say that the Colorstay is definetely my go-to foundation these days. It has the perfect full coverage, and I can assure you that if by the end of the day, the rest of your makeup won't stay put, this one will. I admit that the consistency is a tad too thick (that is if you don't like the cakey-ness feeling of a foundation) and that once you apply it to your face, you would have to rub it in quickly to blend it so that it won't appear as thick. It's also for oily/combination skin which I normally wouldn't go for as I have dry skin, but I find that this works just as fine and I didn't have had any breakouts. But aside from all that, I would still say that this is the best. Photoready tends to run a little watery and is not, at least in my opinion, as thick as this one and it still doesn't stay as long as the Colorstay on your face. If you're looking for a good foundation or you simply just started in make up, I would say that the Colorstay is your must-have foundation.


So I went to Avon the other day to see what's new and I found that they were having these concealers on sale 2 for RM16. I'm planning on giving the one still in the packaging for my mom (Medium). It's in a stick form and I don't have any concealers in this form as yet. I still love my Maybeline Perfect Concealer in 01 Light Beige


I've used this one quite a bit and I love it. Perfect for the under eye-circle.

So I've given the AVON Ideal Shade Concealer in Almond and find that it is quite okay. I've used it only once though so I'll reserve my comments on them. But all in all, the stick, together with the Colorstay foundation works great for my liking and gives the perfect coverage that I needed.

Lastly is the Frosted Eyeliner in Grey. I haven't been meaning to get this, it's an impulse buy to me and I think it would be quite fun a product to play around with. I have had a glittery eyeliner in gold and though I didn't wear it much often (only twice I think), I still love the effect of out-of-the-world make up. And since it's in a deep grey colour, I think I can pull it off as an everyday eyeliner, just as much as I wear my black liner.

That's all for my quick beauty ramblings. I've missed you all, seriously. Bye.

No comments: