Tuesday, November 22, 2011

comfort clothing; a skinny affair

A pair of dark washed jeans or pants are old news by now. I think everyone might have two or even more folded neatly inside their wardrobe. But a pair of really good dark washed jeans or pants (plus point if they're skinny)...are rare.

It's not that it is that hard to find one that really fits you in a way that you can exclaim, "Heaven!," of course you could find abundance of them in stores like Guess and GAP, but for a savvy, to really find a good quality one is as hard as to find the last airbender. Eh?

I've been asking my friends on where they score their skinny jeans as I have been on a hunt for them. I admit that I have always been the tops and shirts buyer rather than paying attention to the pants. Maybe again, it was influenced by the fact that I have really no luck in finding my perfect match in jeans. There were a lot of futile attempts in making my jeans fit- always a problem of altearing them or having to wear a belt around the waist. Not until a few months ago did I manage to get myself a 24 super skinny fit jeans at Forever 21. Oooh that has been my baby.

I went again to check for other colors, this time aiming to buy a dark washed one in black (the first one that I got was in dark blue). I walked into the store, tried it on in a fitting room and it looked a bit ehh on me. I simply don't know why but I guess luck doesn't shoot its arrows two times for moi. So I went to another favorite store of mine, just to check on the clothes without expecting to stumble into the most purr-fect dark washed skinny jeans that I have always wanted...err, as of now :)


Bought at a store called Viva in one Utama...was originally priced for RM79.90...on the sale rack for 70% the original price...bought it for less than RM30.00!

The typical story ends here.

Only I noticed that the material of this pants are not jean-like, if you get what I mean. I felt it to be like those corduroy pants. But I don't care how it looks like, I just like the way it fits! It hits just around the ankle and I don't have anything of this sort.


Black blouse: read here
Blazer: AGENDA
Pants: VIVA
Heels: Nichi
Necklace: read here
Bag: Robinson

Bai all =)

p/s: maybe next time my mission will be on the real corduroy pants!

No comments: