Sunday, October 17, 2010

cause sometimes i think, most times i don't

Countless times I see you fall
On your bended knees with your head hung low
But I've never seen you climb from down below
Instead, you avoid raising up again.
And I wonder, why?

Sometimes fate has chapters
You're either on the good side or the bad side of the book
But I've never seen you taking a leaf out of it
Instead, you just don't buy it.
I wonder, why?

You place love on a drunken man
Who gambles with your heart
And steal from your friend
But I've never seen you getting it back
Instead, you keep giving in.
I wonder again, why?

Paths so steep, ends so narrow
I know I walk it in long strides
And I reach there in the end
But I've never seen you walk away from the backyard
Instead, you paint on the shattered walls.
I wonder, why, oh why?

If you think love conquers all, think again
For life is more than being "more than friends"
If you think you're right, be my guest, for I can't say another
Maybe you'll be the Cinderella someday
But good luck in finding your Fairy Godmother




-lylasyahirah

No comments: