
Essence Blush Brush, Essence Quattro eyeshadow in #05 "to die for", Essence Silky Touch blush in #10 "adorable", Essence Stay With Me longlasting lipgloss in #03 "candy bar", Essence longlasting eye pencil in #01 "black fever", Essence kajal pencil in #04 "white"
Yesterday was not the best time to go makeup shopping. I was pissed over something trivial and "being in the time of the month", 'justified' seems like a correct word for all the stuffs above..at least at that point of time.
Tonight as I look back at my purchases, it didn't escape me that I have managed to get cheap stuffs whilst I was pretty sure I grabbed things absentmindedly yesterday. Lucky I only stucked in the Essence section, which I've mentioned before in a post where I rant about a mascara I bought from them.
I kept the receipt but rest assured I spent lest than RM50. Still guilty as charged.
I wanted to see if the makeups that I bought even work. I mean, the mascara was an okay product for being so cheap, but I wasn't so sure about the rest of the items. I'm not one to quickly associate good makeup means big money though, all of you know that I rarely slurged unless it's that good. If you're with me long enough, you'll know I stuck on Elianto for a long time.
No, to me, the techniques in applying makeup is the most important. And that's what I'm trying on tonight.
Tonight as I look back at my purchases, it didn't escape me that I have managed to get cheap stuffs whilst I was pretty sure I grabbed things absentmindedly yesterday. Lucky I only stucked in the Essence section, which I've mentioned before in a post where I rant about a mascara I bought from them.
I kept the receipt but rest assured I spent lest than RM50. Still guilty as charged.
I wanted to see if the makeups that I bought even work. I mean, the mascara was an okay product for being so cheap, but I wasn't so sure about the rest of the items. I'm not one to quickly associate good makeup means big money though, all of you know that I rarely slurged unless it's that good. If you're with me long enough, you'll know I stuck on Elianto for a long time.
No, to me, the techniques in applying makeup is the most important. And that's what I'm trying on tonight.

I must say, it looks pretty good. I mean, the makeup..
Okay, being serious now. Webcam quality isn't at its greatest though, and please don't nag on why I need to do this so late in the night as to deprive myself of good natural lighting and better quality pictures.

You (I) would think that the eyeshadow quad was the crappiest of them all, but no. It is definitely powdery and pigmented enough. Not chalky to anyone's dislike. definitely a Silkygirl quality if you know what I mean. I bought the neutral shades just to be less disappointed if it didn't turn out to my expectation, but it surpass that. I especially love the two colors that I'm pointing my fingers to in that picture. The darkest brown is a matte color whilst the other three has little shimmers in them.

Darn it. I hate my webcam, period.

Up close and still hate it. My lighting is so bright in this room #blameitonotherthingsexceptself

I know the blush wouldn't show up most- I picked the palest shades from the range. It doesn't dispose much, but the product is hardly to blame. I've tried building it up but against natural lighting, it is really difficult to tell. Part of me thinks that this would be a comparison to Silkygirl "Dune Rose" blush that I had (in college so can't show you now) but I remembered the later being a lot more pigmented though it's the palest of its shades. I wouldn't recommend buying this one and instead, pick up the later from Silkygirl. Not unless all you like is a sheen to the cheek.

The lipgloss is..everything a lipgloss should be. Shiny (glossy) enough and has nice smell. Whether it be sticky or not depends on everyone's liking, and to me this one is semi sticky, which is okay- it definitely doesn't clamp your lips together. I believe I picked up the brightest shade if not the second brightest and it's okay enough to be worn on it's own whenever I feel lazy for a lipstick or lipliner.
Excuse my non-symmetrical eyes..The eyeliner is my second favorite from all the mash above- the eyeshadow quad being the best by far. I applied this on my waterline and it is soooo good. It's creamy and black enough and doesn't smudge. Of course the non smudging part is contributed by a coat of black eyeshadow on top (TIP ALERT!) but it is good nonetheless. I've had eyeliner that didn't deposit anything other than bits of black specks (a much expensive one that is too). Me like this.

Me like 'em 'oll!
Products not from Essence:-
Revlon Photoready foundation in "Golden Beige"
Topshop cream concealer in "Light"
Loreal Super Liner Intense for upper lashline
Maybelline Falsies Mascara
Topshop cream concealer in "Light"
Loreal Super Liner Intense for upper lashline
Maybelline Falsies Mascara

Bai Semua!
No comments:
Post a Comment