As it turns out, I was wronged. Yes, that's it. End of story.
Really, I'm not trying to diss anyone here but merely pointing out my rights to have clear and honest suggestions from salesgirls. I love makeup, and I would always go to the drugstore brands first to see if there was any that I like in there that could match the ones I like in high ends. I like to make my money's worth. And for that reason, I truly despise salesgirls who have everything but knowledge of makeup in mind. Scratch the sale and marketing point- most of the times they would come off as being exceptionally rude and coerceful to me.
I wouldn't randomly bash any products, no matter how lousy they turn out to be because I would always want to make the best out of them in any way (money matters, man!). Let's just put it this way, after I've used the Loreal mascara, barulah saya tahu mana satu kaca, mana satu permata!
Loreal Ultra-Volume Collagen on the right, Rimmel London Glam'Eyes Lash Flirt on the left
I got this lipstick from Maybeline, just because. It's not a new product or whatever. I haven't bought anything from Maybeline for a long time, and a lipsctick wouldn't go wrong. This one is called BP03 Nude Pearl from the Color Sensational line. It is a pearl finish, so aside from the nude, it also has tiny sparkles of gold that reflects light. I have yet to decide the lipstick finishes that I like the most, so far I have like them all. As for nudes, I often go for the more brown-tone ones instead of the pink-tones or the ones that leads to peach. I couldn't pull them off as easily as I did with brown nudes, which is why I like Revlon's Fleshtone Creme lipstick. The Maybeline one I have here has light brown tones and the rest are sprinkled in gold reflects, it still works fine for me though. I've been wearing this one for the past few days already.
The mascara in this case is the one I'm holding on the left, the Rimmel one. I love Rimmel products. I have their lipsticks and lipglosses (which I LOVE, Airy Fairy is one of my favourite), their foundation (used Stay Matte before, wonders wonders) and also their blusher (I shared the same approving view of the blushers with another friend of mine). I know that my roommate has their eyeshadows and I've used it on her once and they were really good. But as for mascaras, and this is the second time I bought their mascaras, only differently each time, I have failed miserably.
As you can see, the Loreal's brush is big, fluffy and busy looking, which means it can take in even the small edges of the lashes and make them voluminous and longer looking. I have been asked by friends and even other salesgirls whether I'm wearing false eyelashes, but no. The Rimmel's brush however is lean, plasticky (if that's even a word) rather than sturdy like Loreal, and it is bendable instead of unyielding. Yes, I am associating my mascaras with Harry Potter's wand. How original. Sadly, it doesn't transfigured much on my lashes. I have to patiently apply two, three and even four coats of mascara each time I'm wearing this to achieve half the results that I get with using my Loreal one. I especially hated the plastic brush and handle though, it hurts my eyes. I thought I have seen the worst with Revlon 3D Extreme mascara, but no.
A little bright sidenote,

As you can see, the Loreal's brush is big, fluffy and busy looking, which means it can take in even the small edges of the lashes and make them voluminous and longer looking. I have been asked by friends and even other salesgirls whether I'm wearing false eyelashes, but no. The Rimmel's brush however is lean, plasticky (if that's even a word) rather than sturdy like Loreal, and it is bendable instead of unyielding. Yes, I am associating my mascaras with Harry Potter's wand. How original. Sadly, it doesn't transfigured much on my lashes. I have to patiently apply two, three and even four coats of mascara each time I'm wearing this to achieve half the results that I get with using my Loreal one. I especially hated the plastic brush and handle though, it hurts my eyes. I thought I have seen the worst with Revlon 3D Extreme mascara, but no.
A little bright sidenote,

...and if you can see it on my lips.
Bai Semua! (Haven't said this in a while, silly me!)
No comments:
Post a Comment