Monday, May 16, 2011

as aggressively unattractive outside as you are inside

This is Mary Kate Olsen, the girl who has so much effected my childhood years with the Fullhouse series and who is now known as a fashion mogul herself. She is the ironwoman behind Olsenboye and Elizabeth & James and despite everyone looking up at her for her tres chic fashion, I would die for her grunge look.

My own version of it. I used a bright lipstick from Dior Rouge in 863 Holiday Red whereas hers was a deep red-to-burgundy sort of color. And I didn't wear any falsies as compared to her. I just layered on mascara.


What I want to emphasise her is her eyes- the smudged eyeliner eyes. And for that, I'm using Sephora Eye Pencil in 01 Midnight Black and Elianto angled eye brush.

First: I lined my lower lashline, just halfway through from the outer corner into the middle of the lower lashline. Make sure to get it right into the line and erase any excess with a cotton bud.

Second: I lined my tightline. The picture below shows exactly how it is done; where you pull your eyelids up using you finger ir hold it up with a brush and start lining your inner eyelids.

To be completely honest I am not a pro when it comes to tightlining but I find it very important when pulling of a natural look because that way, your eyes will look black and pop out enough that you wouldn't need to line your upper lash line. However, it's okay if you don't do precise tightlining as you would need to line your eyes anyway to create the smudge effect.

Third: I lined my eyes, as always. For a smudge effect, pencil or kohl eyeliner is the best option as it's easy to be blend out and smudge out. Cream liners, gel liners and liquid liners won't do the justice. So keep it in the back of the mind when buying eye pencils to find one that's texture is very creamy and smooth and thick that it could double up as a go-to eyeliner in a rush and to create a smudge effect. I would suggest getting this eyeliner from Sephora.

Fourth: Use the brush to smudge out the color. Start with going to the bottom/lower lashline and lightly smudge it. Using an angled brush would help to get into the difficult areas on the eye as our eyes are small so when smudging, using a blending brush or eyeshadow brush wouldn't cut it because we want ti be able to maneuver our way through. When smudging, focus on the outer corner of the eyes and bring the color of the eyeliner down slightly. Do the same for the upper lashline- smudging the outer corner as well. Don't go smudging all the way in as we still want to have the eyeliner on.

Last: Layer on coats of mascaras. If you're not using falsies, it is okay to do three of four coats just to get the long lashes that Mary Kate has.



Smudging could go all the way to looking like this
-
-
-
-
-
-
-

only this pne, I assume, she either uses a slight bit of a black eyeshadow or she smudge off her eyeliner altogether. In my opinion, she did the later.
Hillary Duff, another one of my fave in childhood with the Lizzie Mc Guire series and I once did sing myself stupid to 'Fly' *shaking head*




I just changed the color of my lips to a peachy nude tone that she's sporting and I think it looks wearable this way.

Bai all! Sayang semua!

No comments: